here is the remedy, change the windows 7 registry to allow old style authentication from other device.
open Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM)
- in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa, create LmCompatibilityLevel = dword "1", and change NoLmHash from "0" to "1"
- in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft create key Netlogon
- in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Netlogon create key Paramaters
- in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Netlogon\Paramaters create AllowNT4Crypto = dword "1"
- in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Paramaters create AllowNT4Crypto = dword "1"
- make sure in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanserver\Paramaters requiresecuritysignature already set to dword "0"
restart a PC, now window share is accessible again from old media player.
my media player is PBO from patriot, and run PlayonHD firmware from AC Ryan.